In the early 1900’s, American business owners only had to worry about two employment laws and regulations when it came to owning and operating a business: Case Law and Common Law. By 1940, we had 10 employment laws and regulations to worry about. Today, an ever-increasing number!
PEOs provide the American business owner with tremendous value, but if we could give them a gold star for any of the crucial roles they play, it would be their efforts of aiding companies in the management of employment law and regulation.
Is your internal HR department capable of managing the following? Do you currently know what all of these employment laws and regulations are? Do they all apply to you?
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Case Law
- Civil Rights Acts
- Common Law
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Federal Bankruptcy Code (Wages due within 90 days of filing are priority claim)
- Immigration and Reform Control Act
- Job Training Partnership Act – Job Training Programs
- Labor Management Relations Act
- National Labor Relations Act
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Portal to Portal Act
- Service Contract Act
- Social Security Act
- Unemployment Tax Act
- Veterans’ Reemployment Rights
- Wagner-Peyser Act
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act Plant Closure Law
- …….And MORE!
Not to mention, these are only SOME of the existing Federal Laws … State laws and regulations vary depending on your business’ location. With more than 60 employment-related governmental regulations, compliance alone is a full-time job.
Fortunately for you, PEOs are up to date on ALL employment laws – Both State and Federal. PEOs give businesses peace of mind through a co-employment arrangement, where you and the PEO contractually share employer responsibilities and liabilities. And, PEOs rid businesses of many existing or potential headaches!
You can easily join the thousands of business owners like you who choose to hire a Professional Employer Organization to save themselves time, money and even headaches. Your PEO benefits are waiting. Call 877-636-9525 or contact us today to find the best PEO option for your business.